The foundations of our company were laid in the middle of the19th century. Initial developments were characterised by a great deal of curiosity, enthusiasm, inventiveness, progress and innovation.
The end of these initial developments saw the emergence of a leading global manufacturer of high-end adhesive bonds. Read on if you would like to know how Lohmann has become what it is today:
Inauguration of the new Technology Center in Neuwied.
In July 2016 Lohmann goes public with a new Corporate Design.
Elmar Boeke joins Lohmann as a new member of the Executive Board.
With over 1600 employees worldwide, 29 international sites and exclusive sales partners in over 50 countries, Lohmann is now active all over the world in a wide variety of sectors.
Since January 1st Martin Schilcher joins Lohmann as a new member of the Executive Board.
Lohmann goes public with another updated logo. The addition of "The Bonding Engineers" highlights the fact that Lohmann's services go far beyond the production of adhesive tapes. Instead, the focus is more on high-tech, individual adhesive solutions.
The die-cutting specialist and long-standing Metafol subsidiary in Remscheid now also trades as a member of the Lohmann GmbH & Co. KG group.
Lohmann gets a new logo and corporate look. The old cross is revitalised in a vivid, modern design with a slightly curved shape. It symbolises what has made Lohmann so well known all over the world: adhesive tapes.
The last remaining member of the founding family, Dr Martin Barth, retires. Jürgen Walda and Manfred Meier take over the management of the company.
Acquisition of Lohmann Durabloc in Louviers, France. Competence centres include the coating of web substrates with solvent-based adhesives and the die-cutting of formed parts.
Lohmann has acquired full ownership of Metafol GmbH & Co. KG of Remscheid. Adhesive tape processing, adhesive tape converting and high-tech die-cutting processes are the main skills of the present Lohmann GmbH & Co.KG site.
Acquisition of koester GmbH & Co. KG in Altendorf. The Hygiene business unit deals with sanitary closure solutions and hotmelt-based contact adhesive products.
Brothers Dr Peter Barth and Dr Martin Barth take over the management of the company. Internationalisation begins as Lohmann progresses to become one of the largest manufacturers of technical adhesive tapes in the world.
Lohmann celebrates its 100th anniversary. Dr Barth extends the product range to technical adhesive tapes and non-woven fabrics.
A new procedure is developed to series-production readiness for the compression of non-woven textiles (fleece). In 1949, the first binder-free non-woven fabrics go into production.
Lohmann starts to manufacture double-sided adhesive tapes. Johannes Lohmann hands over management of the company to the husband of his youngest daughter, Dr. Gustav Adolf Barth.
In May 1929, the company changes its name to "Lohmann". The fact that the family name was chosen for the company pays homage to the men who exercised such a decisive influence on the fate of the company almost eight decades ago.
The company moves from Godesberg to Fahr, on the Rhine. Johannes Lohmann, the brother of the managing director, joins the company.
August Lohmann takes over the management of the company. The company moves to Bad Godesberg and starts producing newly-developed surgical cotton wool, before expanding the product range to include gauze tapes and bandages. This results in the birth of the Lüscher & Bömper "cotton wool and dressing materials factory".
F. J. C. Lüscher establishes his wholesale company in Frankfurt am Main, laying the foundations for Lohmann.